Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Rooster

Hey, don't blame me. I just post the forwards, I don't send them! And this has been sent for quite some time, over 10 years at least! ---PEF


> >Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:12:00 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> > THE ROOSTER
> >
> > An old farmer decided it was time to get a new rooster for his
> >hens.
> > the current rooster was still doing an okay job, but he was getting
> >on
> > in years and the farmer figured getting a new rooster couldn't
> >hurt.
> > So he buys a new cock from the local rooster emporium, and turns
> >him
> > loose in the barnyard.
> >
> > Well the old rooster sees the young one strutting around and he's a
> > little worried. So they're trying to replace me, thinks the old
> > rooster - I've got to do something about this! He walks up to the
> >new
> > bird and says, "So you're the new stud in town? I bet you really
> > think you're hot stuff don't you? Well I'm not ready for the
> >chopping
> > block yet. I'll bet I'm still the better bird. And to prove it, I
> > challenge you to a race around that hen house over there. We'll
> >run
> > around it ten times and whoever finishes first gets to have all the
> > hens for himself."
> >
> > Well the young rooster was a proud sort, and he definitely thought
> >he
> > was more than a match for the old guy. "You're on" he said, "and
> > since I'm so great, I'll even give you a head start of half a lap.
> > I'll still win easy!"
> >
> > So the two roosters go over to the hen house to start the race with
> > all the hens gathering to watch. The race begins and all the hens
> > start cheering the old rooster on. After the first lap, the old
> > rooster is still maintaining his lead. After the second lap, the
> >old
> > guy's lead has slipped a little - but he's still hanging in there.
> > Unfortunately, the old rooster's lead continues to slip each time
> > around, and by the fifth lap he's just barely in front of the young
> > fella.
> >
> > By now the farmer has heard the commotion. He runs into the house,
> > gets his shotgun and runs into the barnyard figuring a fox or
> > something is after his chickens. When he gets there, he sees the
> >two
> > rooster running around the hen house, with the old rooster still
> > slightly in the lead. He immediately takes his shotgun, aims,
> >fires
> > and blows the young rooster away.
> >
> > As he walks away slowly, he says to himself ....
> >
> > "Damn, that's the third gay rooster I've bought this month!"
> >
> >
>

No comments: